Thursday, January 22, 2009

BREAKING via Twitter: Nesson threatened with sanctions for Oppenheim deposition stunt

Via Harvard Law Professor Charles Nesson's Twitter account comes word that the plaintiffs' attorneys in Sony v. Tenenbaum have sent him a letter (or is it a "letter"?) threatening him with sanctions for his actions in noticing the deposition of recording industry attorney Matthew Oppenheim:

I won't comment on the merits of the sanctions threat until I see the letter (which I'll try to obtain (UPDATE: done), but my previous characterization of Tenenbaum's legal team's actions with regard to this deposition as "low-life litigating" and an "underhanded tactic" stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments here are moderated. I appreciate substantive comments, whether or not they agree with what I've written. Stay on topic, and be civil. Comments that contain name-calling, personal attacks, or the like will be rejected. If you want to rant about how evil the RIAA and MPAA are, and how entertainment companies' employees and attorneys are bad people, there are plenty of other places for you to go.

 
http://copyrightsandcampaigns.blogspot.com/